Thursday, January 22, 2015

Not much going on in January so far. Not always a bad thing! I had a cold, I was better, then I got a cold again less than 2 weeks later. Finally feeling better & hoping to keep it that way!

The girls got to try out their new skates at the local skating rink & did a great job! It was nice seeing them stay upright and not falling so much! They are looking forward to go again soon.

 We had some pretty cold days, so the girls had fun roasting marshmallows in the fireplace.
 
 In language class they had to work on Thank You letters, so we took the opportunity to make cards for the local Police men and women for their upcoming field trip to the Police Station. They made muffins to give them as well. It was a nice field trip!
 

 
 
 


We were blessed with some beautiful days in the 60's, so the girls have had lots of fun playing in the yard. We even got to do school out there one day! The birds were singing and it was very nice. Rosie was supervising!
 


 I can't believe the month is almost over already!

I had a GI scope for some tummy problems I have been having. It came out fine, I have to follow a Gluten free and Dairy free diet for 30 days before adding foods back in to  my diet. So far I am doing good with it. I can't have caffeine either, or any Ibuprofen products, which includes my Excedrin Migraine meds so not very happy about that.

My birthday is Monday and we will be spending most of it at Children's hospital with doctor visits for the kids. They are just check-ups so that's good! Hoping to get a nice birthday lunch in there after the check-ups.

We might see a few snowflakes fly tomorrow morning before the 60's return next week. Still holding out hope for a good snowstorm before the winter is up! The girls got snow boots, coveralls, and sleds for Christmas & it would be nice if they can try it out!

I am really missing our friends Pamela, Izzi, and Dan! Between us being sick & them being sick, we haven't seen them since New Year's Eve. :( Hoping to get together soon! We should start back up with my sewing lessons soon as well, maybe February will be a good starting place for health!

1 comment: