Sunday, December 7, 2014

It was another busy week! Monday was a crazy day! We had a sweet dog come to our porch & look right in the window. She was a beautiful lab & had a very unusual walk. We thought she may have been hit by a car or something. It was a cold rainy day & we just couldn't turn her away. We put her in the back yard & set up the porch with lots of hay for a bed & feed her. She was so sweet, friendly, fat & her nails were trimmed, I knew someone must have been looking for her. We called the animal shelter & no one had reported her missing, so we gave them her description & our info in case someone calls looking for her. I posted her picture on the local facebook site for missing pets and searched the statewide missing pets site to no avail.



We couldn't take her to the vet that day because the girls had a Parents Night at Co-op. We put a heat lamp over the place she was laying in the hay & she was snug & cozy. Nana & Papa came to watch the girls program. Faith had a dance she was performing in & she did an amazing job!!
 Hope and Papa!
 
I guess I can't upload Faith's video, it seems too big. Too bad, she did an beautiful job!

 

The next morning Glen took her to the vet. He couldn't tell how old she was, but overall she looked good, no injury he could see. She did have fleas & heartworms, but the heartworms we not too bad & after her meds they will be 100% gone. After I got home from work I gave her a flea bath. I started to panic because when I was washing her back blood was coming all off it!! We rushed her back to vet convinced that she truly was injured & the vet must have missed something. He looked her all over & couldn't find any injury & said the blood must have been from all the fleas. We were relieved! I had a sweet friend bring a huge bag of dog food for her, food & water bowls, treats, leash & collar! So blessed! I also found flea drops left over from Gynger. We left her out 2 more days for the flea meds to work & on Thursday we brought her in for the first time. Hope came up with the name Rosie & we all thought that was perfect! She is precious & she smiles all the time! She adores the girls and follows them all around. She sleeps right beside their beds. She has not had any accidents in the house, but doesn't seem to realize what to do when we let her out to go potty. She just thinks we are putting her out. We are walking her around and praising her when she goes & I think she is finally starting to get it.




God works in mysterious ways. We sure did not plan on getting a dog till spring when we are getting a Golden Retriever puppy. I think this dog needed us as much as we needed her. We were really missing Gynger SO very much, and she has helped ease the pain of loosing her.  Thank you God for sending us Rosie!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post Anne Marie, indeed God is good and knows what we need even if we do not know ourselves.

    ReplyDelete