Sunday, November 2, 2014

We have had a really fun Halloween week! So much was done and lots of fun was had! Not to mention that the girls got TONS of candy! We went to our church's Trunk or Treat on Saturday, then on Sunday we went to a Harvest Fest at the Medical Clinic down the street. Here is a couple pics from the Trunk or Treat. They went with their new BFF Izzi & had a blast! It was hot that day, so we used their vaulting outfits as their costume.
The Harvest Fest was fun! They both made it to the top of the climbing wall & hit the buzzer at the top.
 Then on Tuesday we carved our pumpkins! Everyone helped, till Daddy had to go to bed & then I had to finish carving 4 pumpkins by myself. The green striped pumpkin was really cool, it smelled just like a cucumber! The designs we picked this year was owl, pig, spider, happy face, and a polka dot!







In homeschool this week I got the girls a really good prize for reading. They really do not enjoy reading for pleasure, so trying very hard to encourage reading. After reading 2 books each, they will win this Wii game! We had PJ Day on Friday, they did Halloween math, and they wrote a spooky Halloween story which they read to their daddy. They did MUCH better on their language test & got good grades on their Math and Science tests as well!



 Finally Halloween evening was a blast! It turned much colder & they got to wear their pioneer dresses. We went around town to a few businesses & they got some candy there. Our very favorite stop was Greystone Nursing and Rehab! The sweet old people were loving the time we took to thank them for having us. One sweet veteran touched my heart. He had had a stroke & couldn't talk or walk. When I called him Colonel, it was stitched to his shirt, he whipped his head up and smiled the best he could. I thanked him for his service, and tried not to cry. His caregiver said how much he enjoys the children. We are making plans to go back to visit in December! We made it back home and the girls had a blast trick-or-treating with Izzi! We have WAY too much candy, so lots will be put away to dole out for special accomplishments in school.



Saturday we went to Pioneer Village for their Fall Open House! We just love that place! The girls wore their dresses & everyone loved seeing them dressed up. They wanted to recruit us to volunteer for future events, which is something we want to do. Hopefully with Pamela teaching me how to sew from a pattern and the beautiful fabric I was given, we will all have pioneer dresses for the next event.










Oh I can't forget that my sweet hubby and I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary! God sure knew what He was doing when he chose us for each other. I don't think anyone else would love me the way he does! Our sweet friends Pamela & Dan kept the girls Saturday night & we went out to dinner at The Oyster Bar. We have been missing the yummy oysters we had in Florida. He was happy he got his oysters on the half shell & got my fried oysters! The only thing missing was the yummy sauce that Florida has to dip the oysters in. I have to figure out what that sauce is! Maybe my Floridian dad will know? Then we had a throw back night watching a Halloween marathon(We used to do this every year before the kids were born!)! We even saw one we have never seen before! Didn't think that was possible. It was a wonderful week & I am feeling VERY blessed and happy!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post! I loved all of the pictures. We will have to tag along in December when you go back to Pioneer Village in Searcy!

    ReplyDelete