Monday was a struggle with math in school. Homeschool isn't always smiles and roses. They are learning multiplication and division & had a test. Unfortunately we did this as the very first thing. They both have been getting A's & B's in math, but Faith just blanked during the test and failed it. I got on to her because she didn't use any of her math strategies like I told her to do. I was very frustrated & she was in tears, so in case you can't figure it out, the rest of our homeschool day went pretty crappy. After school I had Faith do 2 math worksheets, then I had her re-do her test. She got a 97% A! So frustrating when they fail something I know they can do! Ok....back on track now! They did learn about Columbus & made a cute craft to go with the Columbus lesson.
We are very lucky to have the Nina & Pinta replica boats visiting our city this month, so we will go check that out on Thursday! Love having history come alive for them!
Today's school day was awesome!! I love days like we had today, it was stress free & fun. No bad attitudes. The weather was wonderful & we had the window open enjoying the fresh air. In Science this week they are learning about insects. We went out to the yard & picked out rocks to paint as insects. Fun times, my kids just love arts and crafts!
Here is Faith's butterfly.
Here is Hope's Praying Mantis.
Here is my ladybug.
And here are my sweet girls doing what they love!
Today they both exclaimed, "I love history!"! I am glad that they love it! They are excited about our upcoming visit to see The Nina & Pinta ships!
I would never change my decision to homeschool them. It's not always easy, but it is VERY rewarding! Love those sweet girls of mine!
Awesome! Love the bugs!
ReplyDeleteGreat job to all three of you ! <3
ReplyDeleteThank you!
ReplyDelete